Release Date: 07-01-08
Residual Sugar: 0.00
The aromas of ripe plum, black currant, and rich spices are balanced with touch of sweet oak and vanilla. Flavors of blackberry, currant, and black cherry dominate the surprisingly full mouth feel, with sweet vanilla as a compliment. The long, firm, dry finish reflects shades of these same flavors.
The warm ripe character of this wine definitely reflects the vineyard sources. All components are from the Milbrant Vineyards on the Wahluke Slope. 88 % of the blend is Merlot from a warm vineyard site, the Katherine Leone block on the lower, western part of the Wahluke, giving that ripe red fruit character and soft, elegant structure. The remaining 12% is Syrah from the Sundance block slightly higher up and east of Katherine Leone. After fermentation as separate lots with D254 yeast to emphasize fruit qualities, the wine was put in French oak barrels (about 10% of them new) for 24 months as separate lots. Blending and bottling took place in June of 2008. 1600 cases made..
» Powers Merlot
» Powers Cabernet Sauvignon